COMMITMENT TO KEEP OUR RESORT CLEAN
We are honored to welcome you to our hotel and look forward to serving you.
We understand that people are thinking about travel differently now. We are too. That’s why we have elevated our existing standards and rigorous protocols to create hospitality norms and behaviors to address the unique challenges presented by the current pandemic environment
At Infinity Bay Spa & Beach Resort we take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to protect the safety of our guests and employees. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including Coronavirus (COVID-19), and include everything from handwashing hygiene, to cleaning product specifications for guest rooms and common area cleaning procedures. We continue to closely monitor the CDC and WHO statements regarding the COVID-19 and are following the latest guidance from these agencies as well as local health authorities.
We believe that travel connects us to each other, widens our perspective, enriches us and inspires us. We will travel again soon. And, when you are ready to, we’ll be ready to welcome you.
Frequent and Deeper Cleaning
- Enhancing cleaning protocols to disinfect every space,
ongoing and especially during peak usage
- Consistently and frequently disinfecting all high-touch items
like elevator buttons and stairway handrails
- Hand sanitation stations added throughout the hotel, especially in high-traffic areas
Infinity Bay Villas
- Deep cleaning each guest villa between stays
Removing nonessential high-touch items that can’t be disinfected and providing surface disinfecting materials in every villa.
- Limit in-stay housekeeping frequency to reduce contact during each stay
Social Distancing “Less Contact More Connections”
- Enabling social and physical distancing practices: reducing allowable capacities in spaces, increasing distance between furniture, and managing queueing areas
- Supporting hybrid meetings via live-streaming capabilities
Food and Beverage
- Enhancing our buffets with a variety of ’grab and go’ contactless food + beverage options.
- Redesigning food + beverage station set-ups to include protective barriers; removing non-essential items
- Tailoring options for groups and enabling reserved spaces
CLEANING PRODUCTS + PROTOCOLS
To minimize risk and enhance safety for guests, customers, and associates, we use disinfectant products that have been approved and certified for use against emerging viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens. Public spaces, including high-touch areas, are cleaned and disinfected more frequently. In our villas, we focus on cleaning deeply between guest stays, and limiting in-room services during the stay. Hand sanitizer stations are installed throughout high-traffic areas across the resort.
CREATING TRANSMISSION BARRIERS
Less Contact, More Connection
- Guest greetings will be modified to a nod, wave, or a bow, while continuing to ensure guest needs are met.
Providing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- All employees that wear an Infinity Bay badge will wear a face masks as a part of their uniforms.
- Guests should wear personal face masks or coverings and should abide by local regulations.
- Personal face masks and additional amenity items such as hand sanitizer, surface disinfecting wipes and gloves, may be offered where available.
- Guests and associates should practice physical distancing by standing at least 6 feet (2 meters) away from other people not traveling with them. Certain areas, such as arrival areas will be marked with signage and, if necessary, one-way guest traffic flow will be indicated.
- Lobby furniture, restaurant layouts, and other public seating areas will be reconfigured. We are happy to work to customize seating capacities and room sets to meet individual distancing needs of group customers.
Installing Physical Barriers
- Transparent screens, plexiglass shields or other physical barriers may be installed in areas such as desks, booths, fitness centers or food stations.
Emphasis on Hygiene & Cleanliness
- Hand sanitizing stations for guest use will be placed in all high- traffic areas and public spaces.
Deeper, More Frequent Cleaning
- Enhanced cleaning protocols will require frequently disinfecting high-touch items and sanitizing restrooms frequently and after high-guest use, with focus on using the right chemicals and procedures to kill COVID-19.
- We’re building on our reputation for high standards of hotel cleanliness with well-established cleaning processes. Additionally, employees will be required to take training on COVID-19 and safety and sanitation protocols.
Leveraging Technological Innovations
- We have initiated plans to roll out enhanced technologies at our property over the next few months, including electrostatic sprayers and the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to sanitize surfaces throughout hotels.
- While guests may not see these technologies immediately, these sprayers can rapidly clean and disinfect entire areas and can be used in a hotel setting to clean and disinfect public spaces, hard surfaces, and other areas.
PROMOTING HEALTH SCREENING
PROMOTING THE 'NEW NORMAL'
Guests and Resort: Together we can avoid the spread
- Guests are critical in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases. To fulfill this responsibility, hotels will provide COVID-19 related signage and materials describing good health practices.
- Signage will be posted to remind guests of physical distancing guidelines and hygiene practices to prevent the spread of disease.
- Employees are educated on the proper way to wear, handle, and dispose of protective equipment, as well as the appropriate way to wash hands, sneeze, and to avoid touching their faces.
- Resort may have a place at entry points for discreet and non-invasive temperature checks for associates and vendors. Where required by law, guests may also be required for screening.
- Those with a temperature at or over 100.4°F (38°C) will be subject to secondary screening. Those confirmed to have a temperature at or over 100.4°F (38°C) will be denied entry and be directed to appropriate medical care.
Associate & Guest Health Concerns
- Resort will respond swiftly to employee and guest health concerns and follow all current public health guidelines. Associates feeling sick are encouraged to stay home. Those exhibiting symptoms will be required to self-isolate from the onset of symptoms and meet applicable public health criteria before returning to work. Additional protocols specific to COVID-19 are in place and summarized below.
Guidance to Local Public Health Resources
- We relate to Roatan’s municipality, the governor of the Bay Islands and Canaturh. All of which have strict and continuously evolving procedures.
- Where testing or treatment of guests or associates is needed, hotels will provide appropriate resources to the available local public health options.
Food Safety Protocols with ServSafe Guidelines
- When serving food and beverages, hotels will continue to follow guidelines from the National Restaurant Association’s longstanding ServSafe program.
Tailored Options for Meetings & Events
- Modifications to Food and Beverage service will aim to reduce person to person contact.
- Traditional self-service buffet service to be served by an employee wearing appropriate protective gear, with physical protective barriers in place, as appropriate, for food displays.
- Locations of meals, breaks, and food displays may be modified or restricted to spaces specifically reserved for each meeting or event, with physical distancing designed into every meeting set.
Eliminate or Modifying Shared Use / Reuse Items
- In restaurants and bars, items such as condiments, silverware, glassware, napkins, etc. should not be pre-set on tables, to allow for effective disinfection in between each guest. Sealed, packaged, or single-use silverware, disposable or digital menus may be offered as alternatives.
- Payment methods may be modified to reduce handling of guest personal property, including use of trays to pass items, QR codes, or offering self-service pay-at-table options where possible.
Grab & Go and Pre-Packaged Items
- Traditional in-room dining may be modified to either no-contact delivery methods or pick-up / grab-and-go. All packaging and products should be single-use and disposable.
- We will continue to source responsibly while working to reduce our environmental impact.
COVID-19 CASE PROTOCOLS
We have additional guidelines in place if the resort is alerted to a case of COVID-19, including:
- Case Notification. If a guest starts to feel ill, they will be encouraged to contact health authorities. Extensive crisis communications plans are in place, so that appropriate quarantine procedures and cleaning protocols may be implemented.
- Occupied Guest Room Recovery Protocol. In the event of a guest with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, their guest room will be removed from service to undergo a specific cleaning protocol. The guest room will not be returned to service until the room has been disinfected, and consistent with the guidance issued by local health authorities. Similar recovery protocols address public spaces, associate offices and work areas.