COVID-19 Requirements to Enter the United States
December 2, 2021 CDC Update:
A Negative COVID-19 Test or Documentation of Recovery is required for all air passengers, two years of age or older, flying internationally to the United States.
- You will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
- If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).
You are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks (14 days) after your dose of an accepted single-dose COVID-19 vaccine; or
- 2 weeks (14 days) after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series COVID-19 vaccine; or
- 2 weeks (14 days) after you received the full series of an active (not placebo) COVID-19 vaccine in the U.S.-based AstraZeneca or Novavax COVID-19 vaccine trials; or
- 2 weeks (14 days) after you received 2 doses of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart.*
If you don’t meet these requirements, you are NOT fully vaccinated.
Please visit the CDC website for complete details and answers to frequently asked questions here.
COVID-19 Testing is Available Onsite
As always, our goal at Infinity Bay Spa & Beach Resort is to make your vacation care-free, memorable, and safe!
- The clinic’s laboratory offers SARS-CoV-2 rapid antigen tests with same-day test results.
- The cost of the test is $35 US/USD
- After Schedule: The test will have a cost of $50.00 the doctor will be notified of the appointed hour to arrive at the hotel and make the test.
- Results delivery time: Test Will be delivered between 4:00 to 6:00 pm if the test were made on the scheduled itinerary, if not a different delivery hour will be provided by the doctor depending on the time frame the test was made.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I schedule my test?
Our guests are offered priority testing at 8:00 am daily. Upon arrival at Infinity Bay, you will be able to schedule your pre-departure test with a staff member at the Front Desk.
What happens if I test positive?
The CDC states that you should self-isolate and delay travel if symptoms develop or a pre-departure test result is positive until you have recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must refuse to board anyone who does not provide a negative test result for COVID-19 or Documentation of Recovery.
Where will I stay if I have to quarantine?
We are prepared to assist guests with accommodations (that we have on reserve) should the need arise.
What would be the cost if I have to quarantine, and does that include meals?
We’re extending a special nightly rate that includes three meals with delivery in the event you need to quarantine.
How long will I have to stay in quarantine?
The standard quarantine requirement is 5-12 days for asymptomatic or mild cases.
How would the doctors monitor us?
When in quarantine at Infinity Bay, one of the doctors can visit your room for an evaluation (depending on the severity of your symptoms.) If symptoms worsen and frequent monitoring becomes necessary hospitalization would be advised.
The CDC says we would need documentation of recovery to fly back to the US; how would the doctors determine that I have recovered?
Once you meet the criteria for quarantine, the doctor would do a physical evaluation and provide Documentation of Recovery.
Does the clinic offer PCR testing?
- Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., the doctors will be at the hotel to provide testings for anybody walks ins are accepted, reservations are encouraged.
- Cost: $130.00 per test.
- After Schedule: The test will have a cost of $160.00 the doctor will be notified of the appointed hour to arrive at the hotel and make the test.
- Results delivery time: Will be delivered between 24-48 hours if the test were made on the scheduled itinerary, if not a different delivery hour will be provided by the doctor depending on the time frame the test was made.